Sunday 23 May 2010

Crimefest 2010 - Day 4 (Part 2)

One of the best thing about events like Crimefest is staying up late with friends to the early hours of the morning chatting and drinking. It is such good fun. Even though on Thursday I had what for me was an early night, I seemed to have made up for on Friday (where I got to my room at 1:50am)and managed to actually crawl into bed slightly before 2:30pm and Saturday evening where I am not sure what time it was when I got to bed. I think it must have been certainly after 3:00am. Even Ali Karim went to bed earlier than me. However, I think that may be because he is due to take place in Criminal Mastermind later on today and I am sure that he would need to be at his best. I did however spend an enjoyable evening chatting to Peter Rozovsky, Mike Stotter and Emily Bronstein (who gave me one of the best foot rubs) that I have ever had. Thanks Emily! It was brilliant! I am not sure what the staff members thought of us because we had gone past the stage of propping up the bar. By the time we left that had begun to clean the floors and tidy up around us. Needless to say it was an enjoyable evening.

There are not many panels taking place today and I really want to enjoy what is left of the rest of the event. The first panels that are taking place this morning are - Transmission: Page to Screen - Authors with Experience of Both featuring Mike Hodges (of Get Carter Fame), Cath Staincliffe and Bill James. The moderator is Simon Brett. Giorgio Faletti was due to take part but has been unable to attend the conference due to ill health. I wonder if they wil get anybody else to take his place. The second panel this morning is Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll: The Business of Telling Lies- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of Crime Writing. This event is due to feature Joan Brady, Peter Gutteridge, Michael Ridpath, Yrsa Sigurdardottir along with participating moderator Anne Zouroudi.

Since my post yesterday afternoon which can be found here about the two women who decided to get upset on my behalf at Ruth Dudley Edwards panel I have had a number of people come up and talk to me about it. Brilliant! but please post a response on the blog. I would be delighted to here what others think about what the did and said. Also if you are not attending but just reading the blog your thoughts will also be welcome.

Anyway, now that I am up I had better make a start on getting myself organised for breakfast and the panels.

Watch this space for the result of the Criminal Mastermind Panel. I wonder if anyone will be able to dethrone Martin Edwards. I personally would not like to take bets on it. But it will be interesting to see someone try.

No comments: